When Comcast cut a deal with the FCC to take over NBC Universal, part of the agreement was that the cable giant would take on at least 10 new channels. The new channels would be independently owned and predominantly backed by minorities. The first two such channels have been announced. Everybody prepare yourselves for a world in which Diddy and Magic Johnson each have a television channel. Ladies and gentlemen, Comcast gives you “Revolt” and “Aspire.” [Gawker]
- Ticket: Tina Fey Teams With Chelsea Lately Comedian for New Sitcom
- News: On Ottawa Shootings, TV News Got It Wrong. Again.
- Ticket: Teresa Giudice to Serve Sentence In Orange is the New Black Prison
- Ticket: What to Expect at Comcast Center’s 2014 Holiday Show
- News: Comcast Earnings Rise 12 Percent
- G Philly: Set Your DVR: Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Concert on PBS
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.