When Comcast cut a deal with the FCC to take over NBC Universal, part of the agreement was that the cable giant would take on at least 10 new channels. The new channels would be independently owned and predominantly backed by minorities. The first two such channels have been announced. Everybody prepare yourselves for a world in which Diddy and Magic Johnson each have a television channel. Ladies and gentlemen, Comcast gives you “Revolt” and “Aspire.” [Gawker]
- Ticket: WATCH: Bradley Cooper Plays Egg Russian Roulette On The Tonight Show
- Ticket: WATCH: Patti LaBelle’s Debut on American Horror Story: Freak Show
- News: Comcast Wins $7.5 Million Trial Against Sprint
- News: Our First-Ever Good Comcast Headlines Roundup
- Ticket: Friends Coming to Netflix in January 2015
- Ticket: Our Prayers Are Answered: HBO Plans Netflix-Style Service
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.