When Comcast cut a deal with the FCC to take over NBC Universal, part of the agreement was that the cable giant would take on at least 10 new channels. The new channels would be independently owned and predominantly backed by minorities. The first two such channels have been announced. Everybody prepare yourselves for a world in which Diddy and Magic Johnson each have a television channel. Ladies and gentlemen, Comcast gives you “Revolt” and “Aspire.” [Gawker]
- News: Al Franken Calls on Netflix to Oppose Comcast Merger
- Ticket: WATCH: New Orange is the New Black Trailer
- Ticket: Philly MMA Fighter Anton Berzin to Compete on The Ultimate Fighter
- News: Keith Olbermann: Philly Flyers Fans Are Illiterate
- Ticket: Did Jersey’s Christina Grimmie Make Top 12 on The Voice?
- News: Silicon Valley Supports Comcast Merger