When Comcast cut a deal with the FCC to take over NBC Universal, part of the agreement was that the cable giant would take on at least 10 new channels. The new channels would be independently owned and predominantly backed by minorities. The first two such channels have been announced. Everybody prepare yourselves for a world in which Diddy and Magic Johnson each have a television channel. Ladies and gentlemen, Comcast gives you “Revolt” and “Aspire.” [Gawker]
- News: Why Stephen A. Smith Hasn’t Been Fired
- News: Comcast Employees Are Apparently Stressed and Sad
- G Philly: CW Series The Flash To Feature Two Gay Characters
- Ticket: Eastern State Penitentiary is the New Black
- News: Comcast Revenues Skyrocket in Second Quarter
- News: Comcast: Awful Retention Call “What We Trained Him to Do”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.