When Comcast cut a deal with the FCC to take over NBC Universal, part of the agreement was that the cable giant would take on at least 10 new channels. The new channels would be independently owned and predominantly backed by minorities. The first two such channels have been announced. Everybody prepare yourselves for a world in which Diddy and Magic Johnson each have a television channel. Ladies and gentlemen, Comcast gives you “Revolt” and “Aspire.” [Gawker]
- News: Was Comcast Too Aggressive With Its Merger Defense?
- News: (UPDATE) Tollefson Expected to Plead Guilty
- Ticket: Story Lines We Won’t See on How to Get Away With Murder
- News: Comcast Names Exec in Charge of Making Customers Less-Filled With Rage and Bile
- Ticket: WATCH: Cosby’s Bizarre Appearance on Colbert
- Ticket: Did Temple’s Cody Calafiore Win Big Brother?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.