When Comcast cut a deal with the FCC to take over NBC Universal, part of the agreement was that the cable giant would take on at least 10 new channels. The new channels would be independently owned and predominantly backed by minorities. The first two such channels have been announced. Everybody prepare yourselves for a world in which Diddy and Magic Johnson each have a television channel. Ladies and gentlemen, Comcast gives you “Revolt” and “Aspire.” [Gawker]
- Ticket: Tony Soprano is Still Alive?!
- News: Comcast: Merger Won’t Be Complete Until 2015
- News: Interview: The David to Comcast’s Goliath
- News: Four Lessons Philly Can Learn From The Simpsons
- News: Politicians, Competitors Line Up Against Comcast Merger
- News: Why Philly Businesses Will Gladly Pay Millions for the Pope and DNC
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.