When Comcast cut a deal with the FCC to take over NBC Universal, part of the agreement was that the cable giant would take on at least 10 new channels. The new channels would be independently owned and predominantly backed by minorities. The first two such channels have been announced. Everybody prepare yourselves for a world in which Diddy and Magic Johnson each have a television channel. Ladies and gentlemen, Comcast gives you “Revolt” and “Aspire.” [Gawker]
- Ticket: WATCH THIS: The War On Drugs Rocks Conan
- News: Comcast Promises: No “Fast Lanes” on the Internet
- Ticket: Queen Latifah Cancels Bill Cosby Appearance
- Ticket: REVIEW: Local The Voice Hopeful Matt McAndrew
- News: Comcast Settles $50 Million Lawsuit
- Ticket: Early Philly-Set Kevin Hart Sitcom The Big House Coming to DVD
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.