Ralph Rucci—a New York Fashion designer who was born in Philly and went to Temple—appears to be on the brink of bankruptcy. He’s in debt to suppliers and lenders to the tune of $6 million and has reportedly been struggling to pay his debts and his employees on time. Rucci apparently refuses to rent his work to celebrities for red carpet events because he insists they would have to purchase an item to wear it. A piece from a Rucci collection will likely cost you an arm, a leg and your first, second, and third-born children. [NY Post]
- Shoppist: The Edit: 12 Sexy (And Comfy!) Ankle Boots
- G Philly: Timberland Opens This Weekend in Rittenhouse
- News: Report: Robbery of Temple Students Was Done in Retaliation
- Shoppist: Frey Boutique Opening In Newtown Square
- Shoppist: Shipley Shops, the Main Line’s Prime Shopping Event, Kicks Off Today
- Shoppist: The Edit: 14 Fall-Ready Sweaters Under $150
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.