Ralph Rucci—a New York Fashion designer who was born in Philly and went to Temple—appears to be on the brink of bankruptcy. He’s in debt to suppliers and lenders to the tune of $6 million and has reportedly been struggling to pay his debts and his employees on time. Rucci apparently refuses to rent his work to celebrities for red carpet events because he insists they would have to purchase an item to wear it. A piece from a Rucci collection will likely cost you an arm, a leg and your first, second, and third-born children. [NY Post]
- Shoppist: We Love These Billy Transport Co. Subway Station Tote Bags
- Shoppist: 15 Ways to Pull Off Flare Jeans This Fall
- Shoppist: Score a Secret Club Monaco Discount On Friday
- Shoppist: Win Two Tickets to Philly Mag Shops!
- Shoppist: The Fall Gathering Fashion Crawl Is Happening This Tuesday
- Shoppist: Your Guide to the Must-Shop Weekend Sales and Events
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.