Ralph Rucci—a New York Fashion designer who was born in Philly and went to Temple—appears to be on the brink of bankruptcy. He’s in debt to suppliers and lenders to the tune of $6 million and has reportedly been struggling to pay his debts and his employees on time. Rucci apparently refuses to rent his work to celebrities for red carpet events because he insists they would have to purchase an item to wear it. A piece from a Rucci collection will likely cost you an arm, a leg and your first, second, and third-born children. [NY Post]
- Shoppist: The Edit: 8 Flat Sandals to Wear This Spring
- Shoppist: Make Skeem Soaps Your Spring Hostess Gift
- Shoppist: Is the Philadelphia Airport the New Mall?
- Shoppist: Skirt Launches New Shopping Box Service
- Shoppist: The Edit: 11 Spring Sunglasses Under $150
- Shoppist: This Just In: Vince is Opening on Walnut Street