Up in Boston, people are less than thrilled that Southwest Airlines stopped flying direct to Philadelphia. It’s now cheaper for them to fly to Dublin than to Philly. That’s mainly because the only option left is US Airways. Southwest also recently dropped four daily flights from Philly to Pittsburgh, Manchester, NH, Providence, RI, and one to Jacksonville, FL. US Airways may make it so that Philly misses out on the chowdah and syrup, but—with Virgin America heading to PHL this spring—we’re $280 away from In-N-Out, Hollywood, and the Phils beating the hell out of the Giants. [Boston mag]
- News: Baggage Handlers Picket at PHL Airport
- Shoppist: 5 Cozy, Luxe Log Cabins For a Winter Getaway
- Be Well Philly: The Terrifying Truth About Germs in Airplane Bathrooms
- Ticket: LONG WEEKEND: Lake Naomi
- News: Passenger: I Was Kicked Off Flight at PHL for My Tweets
- News: Horrifying Fox Mascot Airline Brings Cheap Flights to PHL
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.