Zoe Strauss’s 10-year, mid-career retrospective at the Art Museum doesn’t open to the public until Saturday, with a sold-out dance party no less. But the New York Times has already seen it and seems to approve of the pics, with critic Karen Rosenberg declaring, “It’s fair to say that Ms. Strauss has accomplished more in the past decade than many artists do in a lifetime.” (Gotta love the “Ms. Strauss” thing.) Rosenberg also took time to check out those billboards featured in the January issue of Philadelphia magazine, calling them “crucial.” [New York Times]
- Ticket: LOVE Artist Honored on His 86th Birthday
- Ticket: FringeArts Debuts Futuristic Floating Community WetLand
- Property: Heller: “If You’re Going to Hire Gehry, Let’s Do Gehry”
- Ticket: The Barnes Extends Hours On Friday Nights
- G Philly: Stolen Natalie Hope McDonald Painting Found
- Ticket: WATCH: Roaches and Maggots Paint
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.