Ryan Howard (the Phils first baseman, remember?) underwent surgery in October after—well, you know. Word is that the timetable for Howard’s return has him slated to begin “baseball activities” sometime next month. That happens to coincide with the start of spring training in Clearwater. [NBC Philadelphia]
- Ticket: Philly Orchestra to Perform National Anthem at Tonight’s Phillies Game
- News: Cliff Lee Accurately Sums Up Phillies Season
- News: Phillies Play Bocce During Rain Delay
- G Philly: DO THIS: Gay Night at the Phillies
- News: Phillies, Eagles in Top-50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises
- News: Chase Utley Has Utley-Like All-Star Performance
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.