An official statement is expected later today, but, right now, Twitter is abuzz as people are confirming the closings of Catholic schools in the Philadelphia region. Five high schools—Monsignor Bonner, Archbishop Prendergast, Conwell Egan, West Catholic and St. Hubert’s—will close. Additionally, nearly 50 elementary schools will either close or be consolidated. Philly.com is updating a map to keep everybody on top of the latest confirmed closings. [Philly.com]
- News: Is Philly Still a Wawa Town?
- News: “Cyber Snow Days” Could Keep Classes on Schedule
- News: Why Don’t They Build New Grocery Stores in Black Neighborhoods?
- News: Backlash Against Jersey’s “Bishop of Bling”
- News: Are My Savesies Chairs Nice Enough?
- News: City Picks UIL to Buy PGW for $1.86 Billion