An official statement is expected later today, but, right now, Twitter is abuzz as people are confirming the closings of Catholic schools in the Philadelphia region. Five high schools—Monsignor Bonner, Archbishop Prendergast, Conwell Egan, West Catholic and St. Hubert’s—will close. Additionally, nearly 50 elementary schools will either close or be consolidated. Philly.com is updating a map to keep everybody on top of the latest confirmed closings. [Philly.com]
- News: This Week’s Outrage Meter
- News: Activists: Immigration Enforcement Shifting to Philly Suburbs
- News: The Casual Awesomeness of the Schuylkill Boardwalk
- News: Report: Local Police Gave Out Dangerous Spyware to Parents
- News: SheRides, and 5 Taxi Services Philly Needs
- News: Are Suburban Schools Immoral?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.