Philadelphia, again, had the highest homicide rate of the nation’s ten most populous cities in 2011. In 2007, 392 people were murdered in Philadelphia. That number had been reduced to 302 in 2009. But, last year the number climbed to 306 and this year 324 people were killed in Philadelphia. [Daily News]
- News: Interview: Camden on the Cusp of Revival
- Shoppist: Horsham Man Sentenced to Prison For Willow Grove Mall Bomb Threat
- News: Mayor Tries to Calm Nerves About Ebola
- News: Women With Bats, Mace Attack School Bus in Northeast Philly
- News: Cops: Woman Stole $10,000 From Bank With Fake ID
- The Scene: Philadelphia History Museum City Social
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.