Philadelphia, again, had the highest homicide rate of the nation’s ten most populous cities in 2011. In 2007, 392 people were murdered in Philadelphia. That number had been reduced to 302 in 2009. But, last year the number climbed to 306 and this year 324 people were killed in Philadelphia. [Daily News]
- News: Philly Should Throw a Parade for Children Every August
- News: Armed Robbery In Rittenhouse
- News: 5 Reasons Fall Could be Great for Politics in Philly
- News: Fake Cops Rob Fishtown Biz of $87,700
- News: Philly Cop Sues Philly Police for Police Brutality
- News: Fatal Shooting Leads to Rowhome Collapse
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.