Philadelphia, again, had the highest homicide rate of the nation’s ten most populous cities in 2011. In 2007, 392 people were murdered in Philadelphia. That number had been reduced to 302 in 2009. But, last year the number climbed to 306 and this year 324 people were killed in Philadelphia. [Daily News]
- News: Child, 3, Hit by Stray Bullet in South Philly
- G Philly: Nutter Appoints Helen Fitzpatrick Director of LGBT Affairs
- News: Man Abducted by Masked Men, Found Beaten Miles Away
- News: New York Shootings Raise Ramsey’s Concern
- News: Outrage Over Philly Paramedic’s Anti-Cop Social Media Posts
- News: Someone Stole Froggy Carr’s Costumes
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.