Philadelphia, again, had the highest homicide rate of the nation’s ten most populous cities in 2011. In 2007, 392 people were murdered in Philadelphia. That number had been reduced to 302 in 2009. But, last year the number climbed to 306 and this year 324 people were killed in Philadelphia. [Daily News]
- News: Pa. State Senator to Plead Guilty to Felony Charge
- News: Convicted Rapist Asks Us to Ask Patti LaBelle for Money
- News: Man Accused of Montco Murder Found In N.C.
- News: Philly Man Shoots Fiance’s Dad With Rifle Multiple Times
- News: Nutter Taking School Toilet Paper Requests on Twitter
- News: Another Violent Incident at Northeast Philly Pathmark
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.