Philadelphia, again, had the highest homicide rate of the nation’s ten most populous cities in 2011. In 2007, 392 people were murdered in Philadelphia. That number had been reduced to 302 in 2009. But, last year the number climbed to 306 and this year 324 people were killed in Philadelphia. [Daily News]
- News: Two Charged With Stealing $3.6 Million from PennDOT
- News: Anger Follows Cancellation of School Funding Vote
- News: Philly Police Get Raise and a Rebuke
- News: Newtown Man to Face Trial for Ear Biting
- News: Paris? Here Are 9 Cities Mayor Nutter Should Be Visiting
- News: Four Plead Guilty in Main Line Drug Ring Case
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.