Yes, really. Ackerman was given $905,000 on a silver platter before being chased from the Philadelphia School District by parents and citizens wielding torches and pitchforks. But, apparently $1 million didn’t do the trick because the former superintendent has filed for unemployment. The $905,000 buyout and $86,700 for unused vacation time were issued in addition to her $6,669 weekly salary. [FOX 29]
- News: ThinkFest Snapshot: Ali Velshi
- News: ThinkFest Snapshot: Helen Gym
- News: Photo Exhibit Documents Last Days of Philly Schools
- News: City Hall Will Attempt to Collect School Tax
- News: Fergie to Stage The Band’s Last Waltz at Troc to Benefit Schools
- News: Schoolmageddon: Should the SRC Have Taxing Power?