Yes, really. Ackerman was given $905,000 on a silver platter before being chased from the Philadelphia School District by parents and citizens wielding torches and pitchforks. But, apparently $1 million didn’t do the trick because the former superintendent has filed for unemployment. The $905,000 buyout and $86,700 for unused vacation time were issued in addition to her $6,669 weekly salary. [FOX 29]
- News: Mom Testifies About Abduction of Daughter From Philly School
- News: Butkovitz: Philly Schools Should Open Up Long-Hidden Works of Art
- News: Philly School District Makes Ominous Announcement
- News: Embattled Corbett Education Advisor Resigns
- News: Even Pittsburgh Is Pleading for Philly Schools Now
- News: How Philly Families Will Pay for Harrisburg’s Sins
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.