A new show is coming to Voyeur this Saturday that’s prefaced with a bold warning: “Not for the faint at heart or easily offended!” Bev, one of Philly’s best rising drag personalities, will put on a show fittingly called “We’ll See You In Hell.” No joke is off-limits. Everything is on the table.
"We’ll See You In Hell" is a drag, music, comedy, and burlesque show with tongue-in-cheek, politically incorrect subject matter. “I created this show after several friends and I did drag numbers that were so ‘wrong’ that we figured we needed to put them all together in one neatly wrapped little hell-bound package,” Bev tells me. A sample list of some of the line-crossing numbers include performances dedicated to Princess Diana, Hellen Keller, The Holocaust, diabetes, Down Syndrome, and more.
The Holocaust? Down Syndrome?! "If you're easily offended," she says, "I invite you to read the flyer, then go home, have a bunch of seats, take a Midol and turn your Fox News back on.” The show, co-hosted by Bev and Satine Harlow features Philly favorites like Lascivious Jane, Mistor Fahrenheit, and more. Enter at your own risk. Saturday, July 11th, 10 p.m., Voyeur Nightclub, 1221 Saint James Street.
William Way, The Attic Youth Center, and The Mural Arts Program are teaming up for “Proud Exposures: Youth Identities and Icons,” an art show with work from the talented youth of The Attic. Meet and greet the artists and their educators, and enjoy light refreshments.
- Don’t miss the premiere of a brand new, all-female cabaret which brings female drag, burlesque, live music, spoken-word, circus, and side-show performers together on one stage. It’s Lascivious Jane’s latest, and it’s called Mama’s House.
- We went to opening night of Mazeppa Productions' Xanadu, and can't recommend it highly enough as a big ol' fun gay night on the town. Put on your roller skates and leg warmers and get there like totally pronto, mate! Tickets here.
- Twerk your butt off to '90s and 2000s throwbacks, and top 40 jams on Moshulu’s Boat Party with DJ DEEJAY.
- Celebrate the start of the weekend with bears, boys, and beers at Tabu’s Happy Bear Philadelphia.
- “Some Like It Hot!” is the latest summer party hosted by the Factory Girls. Enjoy lots of irresistable treats and goodies including ice cream, crepes, drinks, trunk shows, and more.
Check out one of Philly's furriest dance parties: “Unleashed! Part Deux.”
- Travel back in time to a summer party in 1969 at Venture Inn’s Nitty Gritty. Think vinyls, bubble-gum pop, and go-go.
- Back 2 Basics is back with a vengeance. Stimulus’s dance rager returns to Tabu with all the music and drink specials your gay heart can handle.
- Show your support for the City of Brotherly Love Softball League at its annual fundraiser, Quizzo with Johnny Goodtimes.
- Looking for an event for the whole family? Head to Philadelphia Family Pride’s Summer Potluck Picnic at Elmwood Park Zoo.
- Qventures wants you to blow something.
- Have a great weekend!