There’s an old adage — you know the one — that says “clothes make the man,” and trans clothing designer here to making the saying true for women and FTM transgender people, too. This innovative company began with the mission of designing clothes that, “fit your body and your gender.”
Shoppers can buy Saint Harridan’s suits and accessories at any time, but those looking for a more personal shopping experience can head to its three-day pop-up shop in Philly, starting Friday at the Hampton Inn.
The shop will be open alongside , a photo exploration that celebrates “masculine of center” individuals, or in other words lesbian/queer/women that embrace and identify with the more masculine end of the gender spectrum. So pop down for its opening reception Friday at 6 p.m. to browse some art, get fitted for suits and to meet the go-getters behind this fantastic project. Friday to Sunday, June 13-15, free, Hampton Inn, 1301 Race Street.
- The Mazzoni Center’s 13th annual will be running from Friday to Sunday with over 250 workshops, an impressive lineup of speakers and much more.
- It’s time for Original Plumbing’s at The Bike Stop.
- SAY IT AIN’T SO: Philly drag favorites Notorious OMG and The Goddess Isis are hanging up their wigs and corsets on their long-running collaboration show at Tabu. Thanks ladies, it’s been quite a ride!
- continues into the weekend with Shanna Massad’s “I’m a Princess, Dammit!,” Tyler Houchins’ “My Romance,” and “Livin’ The Dream!” by Julia Kershetsky.
- Mistor Fahrenheit hosts The Queerosity Cabaret at Venture Inn.
- Art for the Cash Poor 15 kicks off with a preview party (i.e. a chance to get in and grab the best stuff before the crowds get there on Saturday.)
- Can you believe it’s been 5 years since Michael Jackson’s passing?! Reelblack is paying homage to the late, great King of Pop at this special tribute program.
- Darryl and Timaree were DTF before Adore Delano made in a party — so be sure to check out their .
- continues with a day-long block party/art sale for frugal art connoisseurs. Nine artists to keep an eye out for here.
- Philly filmmaker Jordan Fraser — you know, the Tabu bartender who just screened a flick at Cannes — hosts a screening of Philly Blood Week.
- presents Richie Sklar’s “Growing Pains,” and Samantha Morrone’s hilariously named “b*+ches B Cr@zy: an artfully self-indulgent but still charming cabaret.”
- The Aviary hosts “Queer and Trans in Kink and Leather Spaces: What We Do and How to Do It Better.”
- takes a trip to the Adrienne Theater for Ritu Comes Home.
- Let your inner filthiest person alive shine at Venture Inn’s Trash Hop: John Waters Dance Party. (Just leave the dog poop at home.)
- Everyone wants to be Barbie at .
- mixes raw talent and passion from the Philadelphia area and HIV prevention into one explosive evening.
- is the latest performance by .
- will be taking over the Center Court of Reading Terminal Market as part of the Philly institution's “” series.
- Michael Medvidik's “Happy: The Gay Cabaret.” “Pretty Women,” and
- ? Stop by U Bar Sunday to have your pick of the litter.
- Birra hosts this month's QOTA party on East Passyunk Ave.
- It’s time to crown the next , with judges Bev, Sinnamon, Jonathan Hernandez, Ashley Coleman, and Mr. Gay Tabu 2013, Zack Zebrowski.