Ladies, gentlemen, non-binary friends, and everything in between:is officially upon us. And what perfect timing — mere weeks after we became the 19th state in the nation to legalize same-sex marriage. (Cue the confetti, rainbows, and music!) This is the time of year when the queer community comes out (pun intended) to celebrate our strength, love, camaraderie, and accomplishments. In short: It’s the thing summer and lifetime memories are made of.
tonight, Friday, June 6th, on 12th Street between Walnut and Spruce streets with a huge block party. On Saturday, things keep rolling along with the and . And Sunday sees the 26th annual , giving Philly its ultimate fix of rainbows and all-around fabulousness.
Pride Day begins with the parade at noon at 13th and Locust, and continues with the festival at Penns Landing. If you’re feeling extra adventurous you can buy a ticket and jump on the Freedom Elite yacht for the Lunch. The event, which is on a private yacht, promises a two-hour scenic cruise along the Delaware, a delicious lunch menu, and an open mimosa, Bloody Mary, and wine bar. As Iggy Azalea would say: “That’s so fancy!”
But we’re only scratching the surface here: Check out the rest of G Philly’s Pride Guide for Friday-to-Sunday, dusk-till-dawn shenanigans that should satisfy every type of Pride reveler. Crack open the Red Bulls, family. It’s gonna be one hell of a weekend.
at the official block party on 12th Street between Walnut and Spruce Streets.
- Check out a play about two gay men who are surprised when the young Bangladeshi girl they sponsored for 80 cents a day suddenly shows up at their door.
- Martha Graham Cracker’s doing her thing at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Hairy chests galore: is back and furry as ever just in time for Pride.
- The Pride Edition of kicks off at Public House.
- Venture Inn is serving nostalgic ’90s realness with the launch of its newest monthly event, , with all the fun of a classic sleepover without having to hide the alcohol. Best of all, the theme is Clueless ( )
- will be rocking house music all night long at The Bike Shop.
- Meet and mingle with Philly TNG members at their at Midtown II Diner.
- Bring your feistiest go-get-her attitude to the
- Join William Way for at the beautiful courtyard of the John C. Anderson Apartments (another thing worth celebrating this Pride weekend.)
- Get pumped at
- is the official after-party for the Philly Dyke March & William Way Homecoming 2014. This is your last chance to enjoy Stimulus before it says goodbye for the summer.
- Liberty City Drag and Burlesque and special guests present a special Pride edition of Vixens and Vagabonds Queer and Kinky Cabaret at Tabu.
- Enjoy a 20-percent-off pride discount at Anna Crusis’ Women’s Choir spring concert: .
- The honors four grant recipients in the areas of arts, education, health and wellness, and LGBTQ.
- is a dress-code enforced party at the Bike Shop, hosted by Philadelphians MC. Details on what gear is acceptable is on the event page.
- Deviant Otter hosts “a night of queer underground realness” at Honcho: A Philly Pride After-Party for the scuzzy-sexy set.
- Surprise, CUTN PASTE is hosting a Secret Daytime Party.
- Join the private yacht after the Pride Parade and enjoy lunch, an open mimosa, Bloody Mary, and wine bar, and a scenic tour of the Pride festivities at Penn’s Landing.
- There’s another boat party: the featuring DJ Deejay.
- party will keep your blood pumping and booty bouncing till the wee hours.
- Party the night away at .