Altar Boyz is a sinfully funny comedy about a Christian boy band and it’s five members—Matthew, Mark, Luke, Juan, and Abraham. The kicker? One member is gay and he has a big crush on the lead singer. It has been hailed as “high-octane entertainment” by Talkin’ Broadway. Will these good boys, and the one gay one, be able to resist the temptations that come along with fame and fortune?
The play has a little bit of everything – music, comedy, dancing, and most importantly, a touching story. It’s sure to hit home because we’ve all been there when it comes to an unrequited crush. Catch it before it closes on June 1. Visit 11th Hour Theatre Company’s website for more information and to buy tickets. Friday, May 23, 8:00 p.m., $31, The Arts Bank Center at the University of the Arts.
- Altar Boyz will have you praying for more with its fresh mix of comedy and heart at the Arts Bank Center.
- Celebrate your Memorial Weekend at the Rainbow Mountain Resort for three days of partying, karaoke, drinks, and more.
- The delicious Hugh Jackman, always-beautiful Halle Berry, and newly-out Ellen Page return for the newest X-Men movie, Days of Future Past. Get your tickets now!
- Joshua Thomas takes over the Tin Angel with songs from his new upcoming EP “The Harboring.” 2013 Songbird competition winner Jo Stones opens.
- Tabu gets a Latin makeover at Candela Sabados.
- Don’t miss Philly’s only Burlesque Brunch, Glitter & Grits: Burlesque with a Side of Drag.