WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Gay Bingo, Burlesque Turns 1, and the Big Gay Boat Party Kickoff
In Philadelphia, two types of people play Bingo: the elderly and the gays. Now the two, and more, can come together in the latest installment of game. “” is a night of drag queen fun, performances, prizes, a 50/50 raffle, food for purchase, and, of course, Bingo. Pearl E. Gates and Syboll will host the event, which will take place at the Evangelical Luterhan Church of the Atonement (so you can pray for luck.) The best part? All proceeds go to the .
It all takes place Saturday, May 3. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.; Bingo starts at 6 p.m. $5 gets you in the door, and 3 cards.
- EQUALITY FORUM: Today, hit up the National Politics Panel, and later have an after-work sip at a party hosted at Woody’s and Rosewood.
- It’s First Friday! Here, 7 galleries and events you should hit up for the occasion.
- Stimulus’ fourth annual is taking over Icandy.
- They’re bears and they’re going nowheres: Celebrate the
- The will be gays up another straight bar.
- EQUALITY FORUM: There are 11 (11!) panels hosted throughout the day. See the itinerary here.
- You’ve got to check out the “Patrick Kelly: Runway of Love” fashion exhibit at PMA.
- It’s Derby Day! Here, 5 ways to spend the Kentucky Derby in Philly.
- Enjoy spring at the 2014
- Giovanni’s Room. This may be one of the last events ever hosted there. — listen to the reading at
- Support the National Adoption Center by hitting up Pulse’s at Voyeur.
- EQUALITY FORUM: The weekend festivities close with a bang. DJ Cassidy and an array of local musicians play SundayOUT at the Piazza.
- at Barra Lounge—in case you can’t go too hard on a Monday
- The is kicking off gay boat season with drink specials, and DJ DEEJAY. Who doesn’t want to party on a boat?