WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Icandy Turns 3, Leather Leadership Comes to Town and More
This weekend will see an anniversary celebration and, Philly, this is one shindig you don’t want to miss. Icandy will be pulling out all the stops for its 3rd Anniversary Gala, and, trust me, the lineup of talent lined up for the night will leave you gagging.
The club roll out the red carpet for two members of RuPaul’s Drag Race royalty: Willam and Detox, and their gal pal Vicky Vox, who together form DMV, the popular trio that has belted out hits like “Chow Down (at Chick-fil-A)” and perhaps most popularly “Boy Is A Bottom,” which they’ll be performing live this weekend.
That’s not all. Underwear king Andrew Christian will be in attendance, along with two of his hottest, Jake Houser and Vladimir Shmygol, for a steamy fashion show. They’ll also be unveiling two new additions to Icandy: the Icandy girls, and a newly renovated room. Saturday, April 12th. 10 p.m.-2 a.m., 254 S. 12th Street.
- Learn the ins and outs of the leather world (and maybe get spanked) at the 2014 Leather Leadership Conference.
- Kick off the weekend with some Happy Bears at Tabu.
- Play some Flip Cup for two great causes, and for beer.
- Don’t miss G Philly’s own Alex Kacala, and others tell stories at First Person Arts’ RISK!
- TGIF AND TGIO: Thank Goddess It’s OMG!
- Throwback with some Duran Duran at Voyeur.
- Get down with Daryl and Timaree’s fun hour of sex, news, comedy, and a game show.
- Attic Youth Center dance project GPSBodies continues through the last weekend of Philly Tech Week.
- Enjoy a day of Roller Derby at the Class of 1923 Arena.
- The Making Time group is back from SXSW and ready to rage.
- Break it down at Stimulus’ Back 2 Basics.
- Summer Clearance and Thunder Showers: Two bitches worth hiking out to Norristown for.
- Join Brittany Lynn for Drag Brunch at Tabu.
- Take advantage of the Spring weather at I’m From Driftwood Spring Brunch.
- Philly based multimedia artist Tiona McClodden presents Bumming Cigarettes and other films.