The salon has been a longtime sponsor of Quince, and will be raising money to benefit not only this fall’s GayFest! (slated for August 5th through 23rd), but two upcoming productions, Three Days of Rain, and “Full House: A Series of Cabarets.” They’ll be gathering funds at SundayFest through a raffle that includes everything from a 2014-15 subscription to The Wilma Theater and a $100 gift certificate to Starr Restaurants to a sexy-sounding private tour at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
If the raffles are not enough to convince you, Charlie Salon will be offering free admission, free hors d’oeuvres and snacks from local hotspots like Kanella and Cake & the Beanstalk, and (best of all) free wine. To top it off, every guest will receive a card for a 20-percent discount on his/her first styling at the salon. Sunday is usually the day for rest and recovery, but this Sunday it is the day for raffles and free goodies. Sun., March 23, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., free, Charlie Salon, 203 South 12th Street.
- Friends and community members gather to remember recently departed Philly trans activist Jaci Adams.
- GALAEI hosts an open-mic event to benefit its upcoming Alternative Prom.
- Get “Back to Ya Roots” — and benefit North Philly non-profit Congresso de Latinos Unidos — at Freak Boutique.
- Kick off the new season with Stimulus’s Philly’s Spring Fling at Voyeur.
- Follow Miss Richfield 1981 on her quest to find Mr. Right in Play With My Poodle.
- The Queer Media Activism Series is in full swing.
- Philly’s Dumpsta Players school aspiring drag queens in Drag 101.
- Support QSpot Philly by enjoying a night full of performances in “A Night of Philly Legends, Part 2.”
- It’s the must-do of the season: MANNA’s Shut Up and Dance.
- Voyeur’s hosting a spring-inspired bash, and staying open through 6 a.m.
- Some stud-ly jocks need your support—head to U Bar for Falcons Spring Fundraising night.
- Sara Sherr hosts karaoke at Stir.