The Oscars will be hitting gay TVs all over the world this Sunday, with homo-tastic performances like Idina Menzel singing current gay anthem “Let it Go,“ a Wizard of Oz tribute starring Liza (with a “Z”), a number by Upper Darby’s own Pink, and, hello, Ellen. In short: These are not the kinds of moments you want to experience at home alone in your PJs. Come to what we’re dubbing the Official Gay Philly Oscars-Viewing Extravaganza.
After G Philly‘s LGBT Flower Show Party, the crowd will move to a booze-filled after-party at Pennsylvania 6, where LGBTers will be watching the Oscars, and dishing on everything from Liza’s warble to whatever gorgeous thing Jennifer Lawrence is wearing. This is a glam event (think red-carpet style) so arrive in your Sunday best. And make sure your mug is on point, too, because Alexander John will be there snapping photos. Sun., Feb. 2, 7 p.m., Pennsylvania 6, 114 S. 12th Street. For more information click here.
- Help kick off the Philadelphia Flower Show at the gayest preview party in town
- Get out, boys. It's Philadelphia Leather Women's Night at the Bike Stop
- Gay Meetup will be hosting a Singles Mixer at Square 1682
- College student event: Don’t miss the LGBTQIA Collegiate Meet and Greet at William Way
- iCandy presents GAYGLO 2014—a night for all ages
- Support GALAEI by eating a Chipotle burrito. Chances are you were going to want one anyway
- “When I Knew” is the latest performance by the Philadelphia Gay Men’s Chorus. Catch a preview of the show, which was inspired by the stories of those first moments of gay life
- Cabaret gets kinky at Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret: Damsels and Divas
- International House will be showing Born This Way, a film highlighting the struggle of homosexuals in Cameroon, Africa
- Philadelphia gets its own taste of Mardi Gras at LadderPhilly
- Things are getting jock-y at Tabu: The Gryphons will be introducing their new recruits and partying the night away
- Animal lover alert: Head to Smokin’ Betty’s to Party <for the> Animals