WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Drag King Struts, Top Model Finales and Uranus
After a season of tears, drama, posing, and smizing it all comes down to this: part one America’s Next Top Model‘s finale will be airing tonight at 9 p.m. You don’t have to be alone on this suspenseful night, as Tabu will be hosting an ANTM Finale Party, giving fans of Philadelphia local Cory Wade Hindorff a chance to join together in fierce fuchsia goodness. Best of all, Cory himself will be in attendance!
We’ve followed Cory from the start. We’ve seen the ups, the downs, and have even learned fun facts about him, like which male model he thought was the hottest. Cory has not only earned himself the title of Smize Queen with his stunning blue-grays, but has also made a name for himself as a strong LGBT advocate by capitalizing on his femininity throughout the show.
We at G Philly will be keeping our fingers crossed for Cory, who could be Philadelphia’s first (and the first gay) winner of America’s Next Top Model. While you’re out supporting Cory at Tabu, don’t forget to grab a copy of the newest issue of G Philly at the party, which features Cory on the cover, the Best of the Gayborhood, and more. Go Team Cory!
- G Philly Stripped model and 12th Street Gym trainer Noe Espinosa leads Fit to Feed
- The Works of Roberta Dickinson and Trans opens at William Way
- Drag King’s Strut at Tabu for a chance to walk in next year’s Mummers Parade
- Cory Hindorff hosts a special ANTM finale after-party at Fame Lust
- Philadelphia magazine hosts ThinkFest 2013
- The Penn Jersey Roller Derby presents the Hall of Fame Game
- Luci Rising and Gin Saint Jermaine perform at Freak Boutique to benefit the Attic Youth Center
- Pick up some winter reads at William Way’s Big Queer Book Sale
- Don’t miss Starzina Starfish-Browne’s comeback (again) tour, Looking For Uranus