HIGHLIGHT: The Welcoming Committee (TWC) — a group of homo folk in Boston who set up “Guerrilla Queer Bars” at typically straight places around Beantown — are taking over Philly for the first time on Friday. The event promises to be a recurring thing on the first Friday of every month, with the first one being at Grace Tavern. Expect a diverse crowd of folks that you may not typically see in the Gayborhood. 9 p.m., free, Grace Tavern, 2229 Grays Ferry Ave.
- Philadelphia Theatre Co. is throwing a Night Carnival with “dirt cheap booze” and “electro-circus music“
- West Philly’s gay-owned Farm 51 is throwing a fall hootenanny to celebrate a recent expansion
- Cory Wade Hindorff is hosting a Top Model viewing party at Tabu
- This month’s Thank Goodness it’s OMG! promises to be a “back-to-school stripdown”
- CUTN PASTE is celebrating back-to-school season, too, with DJ NOLiTA SELECTOR
- It’s Gay Day at Six Flags Great Adventure!
- Head West Philly-ward for an awesome craft fair in the Woodlands
- Bangout your bouffant at The Barbary
- The Trestle Inn is still celebrating summer … with Donna Summer
THIS WEEKEND AT FRINGE:
- Check our Big Gay Fringe Guide for all the LGBT-centric shows playing this weekend at the 17th annual Philly FringeArts festival, including Pig Iron‘s Pay Up (highly recommended), Completeness by Round Table Theatre Company and Gayze: A Real Live Web Series at Tabu.
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to email@example.com.