– Mark Berenato has opened da Soli, Italian for on my own in Haddonfield.
– Arepas and empanadas are the specialty of this food truck.
Grill Fish Cafe
– Benny Lai of Vietnam is opening a seafood spot next to his Vietnam Cafe.
– Turney and Safran are turning Bindi into a Spanish wine bar.
– Mexican BYOB on Gay Street in West Chester.
La Calaca Feliz
– South of the border tastes come to Fairmount courtesy of Tim Spinner.
– Marc Vetri is opening an Italian bar on north Broad Street.
Leyla Turkish Cuisine
– The restaurant serves sandwiches, kebabs, lahmacun, pideler as well as some Turkish inspired burgers and panini.
– Well respected pizza spot is taking over Horizons in Philadelphia.
Paris Wine Bar
– The team behind London Grill opens a wine bar serving local wines.
– A ramen shop from the Yakitori Boy team.
– Old City gets a steakhouse.
– A true farm to table restaurant by Andrew and Kristin Wood.
– New sushi spot for the corner of 22nd and Walnut.
– The latest branch of the cookie shop and delivery service is opening in Center City.
– Raw foods spot on 12th Street.
Keg & Kitchen
– Cork in Westmont goes gastropub-ish and rebrands itself Keg and Kitchen.
– Peter McAndrews Roman eatery for the common people.
– Take out and delivery restaurant on South.
– Chef Regis Jansen will run the all-day restaurant.
– Rx to become the Remedy, Il Rimedio.
– Barry Gutin and Larry Cohen of Cuba Libre are opening a restaurant with chef Matt Levin.
– Celtic Hooters heading to King of Prussia.
– Subterranean hot dog spot on 17th Street.
– The entertainment complex that will replace the Spectrum will feature the world’s largest sports bar and four smaller bars and restaurants.
– 35-seat casual Latin-inspired operation thats coming to Fairmount
Diego’s Tequila Bar
– Team behind Picasso Restaurant is opening a Mexican spot that features meats cooked over a wood burning grill. and of course, tequila.
– Jose Garces opens his casual Distrito Cantina and Guapos Tacos stand in the Revel Resort.
– Vegan fast food for Rittenhouse Square.
– High-ish end Indian restaurant comes to Old City.
– Pub & Kitchen team is bringing burgers and fries to the campus of Rowan University.
Rice and Mix
– Yong Chi of Giwa is crossing Broad for a “Korean version of Chipotle.”
– Chef Ed Brown is bringing a new restaurant concept to the Art Alliance.
– Conshie-based ice cream shop opens up in Bryn Mawr.
– SoWe replaces Divan Turkish Kitchen in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood.
– Iron Chef Marc Forgione is opening a steakhouse in the Revel casino.
– Soup, salads and sandwiches at this Center City spot.
– Second location for crepe spot is in former Quiznos on Spring Garden.
– Japanese ramen and sushi spot replacing Delicatessen at 703 Chestnut
Hop Sing Laundromat
– The elusive Hop Sing Laundromat will have to be seen to be believed. And even then we’re not so sure.
– Peter McAndrews is expanding his empire to the suburbs with a pizzeria in Media.
Max’s Brew Bar – Tony Rim of Raw and the team behind Red Zone are talking about a beer bar at the Piazza.
Milk & Honey Cafe
– An offshoot of the Milk & Honey Market in West Philly at Sister Cities Park.
– Avram Hornik and Sean Agnew are opening a riverfront bar.
– Iron Chefs. James Beard winners and Michelin starred chefs are all opening restaurants at Revel in Atlantic City.
Spencer ETA Burger
– By the owners of Sabrinas Cafe, across from their Ross Commons location.
– Italian restaurant for Locust Street.
The Beer Shoppe
– A shop with hundreds of beers, gourmet hot dogs, and DiBruno Bros. meats and cheeses.
– New wine bar and restaurant for the Latham Hotel.
– Gordon Dinerman helps Rob LaScala turn Rocchino’s and Azione into Barra.
– Inventive stir fry, salads and gourmet shakes.
– The peeps from the Good Dog come to Pennsport.
– Former French Laundry GM Nicolas Fanucci has bought Le Bec-Fin and is aiming to bring it back in all its glory.
Miss Rachel’s Pantry
– Miss Rachel’s vegan cafe opens up for breakfast, lunch, and a prix fixe dinner.
– Sticks and Stones being replaced by French-American bar with film noir tendencies.
– Sycamore’s sister restaurant opens in DelCo.
– Praise be to God! Shake Shack is coming to Center City.
Blue Belly BBQ
– Cochon chef Gene Giuffi opens a barbecue spot at 600 Catharine Street.
– University City branch of the oyster house chain opens in former La Terrasse.
Fuel To Go
– Third Fuel location will be a grab and go spot on Arch.
Grand Lux Cafe
– High end version of Cheesecake Factory hits Cherry Hill.
– High-end Chinese restaurant comes to Center City West.
– Gluten free tacos for Chestnut Street in Center City.
– Traditional Szechuan and modern Asian fusion all in one menu.
– Ill-fated Ramen Boy makes way for New York’s Terakawa.
– The coffee shop opens in its new location off Sydenham.
– The Lansdowne Table has a new permanent home in the lobby of NoBL.
– Italian Jewish restaurant on Walnut Street.
– Christopher Kearse is opening his own BYOB on Passyunk Avenue.
– Recently shuttered Sonata is taken over by a new thai restaurant.
– Former Catelli owners are opening a more casual spot in Voorhees.
Center for Culinary Enterprises
– Center includes licensed commercial kitchens for culinary entrepreneurs, a multimedia learning center and three retail spaces.
Craft & Claw
– Craft beer and crab joint replaces Mad River in Old City.
– Pita-based lunch and dinner spot opens on 12th Street in Center City.
Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar
– Dave Magrogan (Kildares, Doc Magrogans) is bringing his Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar concept to the former Marathon at 40th and Walnut.
– Stylish sweet and savory pie boutique comes to South Street.
– Opening chef at Talula’s Garden and his buddy open a neighborhood spot in Bella Vista.
– A pizza museum and restaurant all in one.
– Noodle house on Locust takes over the former Strikes Bowling space.
– A creperie and espresso bar opens up in the Cedar Park neighborhood.
Bubbas Texas BBQ
– Robert Bubba Kolbasowski brings barbecue to Girard Avenue and the old Cornerstone Market.
– Solomonov opens a second location right in Center City.
– Starr brings a cafe with take out and a liquor license next door to Frankford Hall.
– Jason Evenchik opens a gastropub with a living room vibe.
– Beer-centric, neighborhood pub offering great food and a relaxing environment.
– Casual bar with an extensive whiskey list.
Red Owl Tavern
– Large restaurant with rooftop bar to open inside new Hotel Monaco on Independence Mall.
– Grown-up look for South Street wine bar from Copa’s Bill Curry.
– Rob Wasserman and Michael Schulson team up for an American grill in Ardmore.
– Sign says a Japanese restaurant is coming to former Robins Books on Chestnut.
Taqueria del Sol
– Mexican-Southwestern chain from Georgia moves to three locales in Philly.
– Terence Feury leaves Fork to become chef-owner of this Swedesboro restaurant.
– Victor Fellus (Mix and Pub & Grub) specializes in restaurants at the base of condominiums. Next up is Titra in the Aria condo.
– Hotdog extraordinaires expand to South Philly.
– An interesting chicken concept from the team behind Spice 28.
Citron and Rose
– A glatt kosher European-Jewish restaurant and catering company by Chef Michael Solomonov.
– Former Trattoria del Ghiottone and Il Cantuccio manager opens his own place in Fishtown.
– A French themed cocktail lounge for Northern Liberties.
– Mike Stollenwerk replaces fish with Rhino Bar.
– Brauhaus Schmitz team is opening a stand in the Reading Terminal Market.
Crumbs Bake Shop
– The publicly traded cupcake emporium is coming to Philadelphia.
Fire & Ice
– Successor to Patou is bar, restaurant and lounge.
– Beers and Mediterranean food in Kensington.
– Limoncello distributor opens on East Passyunk.