Fish, fish and more fish! But we’re certainly not complaining.
Especially not after drooling over the pictures of Il Pittore chef Chris Painter’s addition to our summer recipe roundup. Down the shore, you’re likely to get the freshest seafood straight off the boat. So why not take advantage of it? Painter’s Flukin’ Foil sounds like something to try after a long day of fishing, or even just sunning on the beach. Extra kudos to those who use their own catch, but Jersey has some pretty good fish markets in case you weren’t so lucky with your line.
Chef Painter explains:
“This is a perfect dish for the shore, with an abundance of fluke, and the ability to stop at any farm stand on the trip and find corn, potatoes, zucchini, and fennel. Final instructions: relax on a deck, drink the evening away with your favorite white or rose, and enjoy.” – Chris Painter
Fluke in Foil (aka Flukin’ Foil)
2 pieces Jersey Fluke (6oz portion)
1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed
1 zucchini, sliced into 8-9 rounds
1/2 bulb fennel, shaved
1 ear of corn, cut off cob
2 medium sized red potatoes, cooked and sliced
2 tablespoons white wine
5 tarragon leaves
Juice from a half of a lemon
– Preheat grill (with lid down) to 425 degrees.
– Season fluke filets on both sides with salt and pepper, set aside.
– Combine all vegetables in large bowl, salt and pepper all ingredients.
– Lay a 24 inch piece of foil flat on the counter.
– Pour the wine and lemon juice, as well as half of the butter and half of the olive oil on the foil. Place half of all seasoned vegetables on top of oil, liquid, and butter.
– Lay fluke filets on top of the vegetables.
– Put remaining vegetables, butter and oil atop fish, as well as tarragon leaves and wrap up like a package, pinching all sides shut.
– Put on one side of heated grill and immediately turn that side off, leaving other half on.
– Put lid down and cook for 10 minutes.
– Remove from grill and let rest, wrapped for two minutes.
– Open and eat right out of foil package.
DIY Down The Shore [f8b8z]