At noon on July 17, Ellen Yin and chef Eli Kulp (the dynamic duo who took over both a.bar and a.kitchen a couple months back) are going to be debuting a new menu at a.bar to celebrate the Rittenhouse bar’s first anniversary. Here’s what they have to say about the change-up.
“Chef Kulp’s menu will expand upon a.bar’s already diverse fresh-shucked oyster program, and adds a globally-inspired selection of crudos, shareable snacks, more substantial salads and sandwiches [as well as] a few select whole fish. In addition, a.bar’s hours of operation will be extended, serving [the] new menu all day long, Monday through Saturday, from noon until 10 p.m, with the raw bar offerings available until 11 p.m.”
So what does Kulp have in store for this new menu? He gave us a few clues…
- An ever-changing spread of oysters with traditional mignonette or kimchi-celery mignonette
- Jonah crab claws with Maryland remoulade
- Fluke ceviche with lime, tamarind and hominy
- Striped Bass Tiradito with almond milk, habañero and cilantro
- Clams on toast
- Soft-shelled shrimp with “devil oil”
- A Creekstone burger with Pennsylvania Noble cheese and pickles
- Lobster rolls with uni mayo
And those are just some of the possibilities. Prices will run from $2 for Cherrystone clams on the half-shell to $27 for whole-grilled herb-stuffed branzino, and if the descriptions alone aren’t enough for you, Kulp is going to be debuting glamor shots of each of the dishes all next week on his Instagram (and elsewhere).