Plenty Cafe Expanding AgainPlenty Cafe, which has locations in Center City and on East Passyunk is adding a third location, this one in Queen Village. Still a year away, brothers Anthony and Damon Mascieri are opening at 705-707 South 5th Street. This will be the biggest Plenty Cafe yet. The 1,500 square foot corner space sill anchor another venture of Damon, Fabric Lofts, eight bi-level apartments with 13-foot ceilings and a green roof deck.
Plenty Cafe’s original location at 1710 East Passyunk Avenue has recently been renovated, installing a 12-foot reclaimed ash wood high-top bar and adding ten additional seats.
Both Plenty locations have updated their menu for spring and summer. Among the highlights:
- Chorizo Breakfast Sandwich, two scrambled eggs with chorizo, manchego, tomato and garlic aioli on ciabatta
- Lima Sandwich, grilled chicken inspired by Peruvian Pollo a la Brasa, with avocado, tomato, spicy aji sauce, red onion and cilantro on ciabatta
- Palermo Salad, baby kale with grilled vegetables, Castelveltrano olives, figs, almonds and lemon vinaigrette
- Bangkok Salad, mixed greens and napa cabbage with carrots, red peppers, cilantro, basil, peanuts, green onions and ginger-chili-lime vinaigrette
- Baja Salad, romaine with avocado, pickled jalapeño, grilled corn, tomato, toasted pietas, queso fresco and creamy chipotle dressing
- New Orleans Sandwich, an updated version of the Tasso Sandwich that we lamented when it was taken off earlier this year. The New Orleans features house-smoked spicy Tasso ham, sliced green apple, fig jam and gruyere cheese on pressed demi-baguette
New drinks will include: Miel Cortado, two shots of espresso with honey, steamed milk and cinnamon as well as Vietnamese Iced Coffee, extra-strength, cold-brewed iced coffee with cardamom simple syrup and sweetened condensed milk.
Plenty Cafe [Foobooz]