The Passyunk Post is reporting that South Philadelphia water ice institution, Italiano’s is going to return after a year hiatus. The house that sells water ice at 12th and Shunk has been a Philadelphia tradition for 37 years until last year’s sudden closure. That closure was sparked by owner Frankie Italiano’s sudden death. Italiano’s sister Nancy kept the storefront closed out of respect for her brother but this year, it appears Italiano’s will in fact open.
- Property: Will Velodrome Developers Face NIMBY Opposition?
- News: The SS United States Is Safe — For Now
- Foobooz: Going to the Eagles Game? Get a Pound of Sausage
- Property: Could South Philly Get a 6,000-Seat Velodrome?
- Property: Saffron On the Bok School Redevelopment
- Property: Blatstein Has Mixed-Use Plans For South Philly
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.