Palmer Marinelli, who has cooked at the popular BYOB for the past four years will be the executive chef.
The Diving Horse opens this Saturday, May 24th and will serve dinner nightly through Labor Day. Marinelli, a South Jersey native, will serve a menu of coastal ingredients that will include many from nearby farms and Jersey Shore fishermen.
Dishes will change almost daily but will include:
- The Diving Horse Wedge Salad, with jumbo lump crap meat, prosciutto, red onion, tomato and fried herbs served with a Seven Mile Island dressing
- Heirloom Tomato and Strawberry, with whipped mozzarella, basil and crispy shallots
- Mussels and Clams, with coconut, beach herbs and rice crackers
- Barnegat Light Bay Scallops,with Oak Grove toasted farro, English peas, wild nettle and rhubarb
- Hudson Canyon Swordfish,with sautéed greens, red lentils, oyster sauce served in a lemongrass and ginger broth
- Braised Short Rib,served over Parisian gnocchi and spring vegetables
- Lancaster Chicken Breast, with asparagus, roasted potato, hay jus and summer truffle
The menu ranges from $8 to $36.
Diving Horse [Foobooz]
Foobooz Down the Shore [Foobooz]