Cochon 555 is coming to Philadelphia on Sunday, May 25th of Memorial Day weekend. The tour touts the flavor and benefits of heritage breed pigs. The event features a lineup of five chefs who will compete to win a chance to move on to compete in the Grand Cochon at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen in June.
The competing chefs are:
- Douglas Rodriguez of STARR Restaurants
- Patrick Szoke of Alla Spina
- Mike Santoro of The Mildred
- Jason Cichonski of Ela
- Jeremy Nolen of Brauhaus Schmitz
The event also includes:
- The Goose Nest, featuring a selection of Goose Island Beer Co.’s beers and Hudson Valley Foie Gras.
- Live butchering demonstration at a pop-up butcher shop.
- Retail shop where 100% of the proceeds benefits the students of Drexel University with the support of Williams-Sonoma.
- Different ages of Prosciutto di Parma ranging between 14 and 30 months, sliced by a roaming Berkel and by hand off a bone-in leg.
- “Punch Kings” cocktail competition during the VIP reception features five local bartenders preparing a punch made with Breckenridge Bourbon.
- The Bourbon Bar presented by Breadcrumb by Groupon featuring Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace,
- Breckenridge Bourbon, Hirsch, Templeton Rye and Luxardo.
- Libations include Crispin Ciders, Wines of Rioja, Cochon Rose, and a Mezcal bar featuring Fidencio and Mezcales de Leyenda.
- TarTare Bar featuring Creekstone Farms and David Katz.
- A cheese bar with DiBruno Bros. featuring Rogue Creamery and La Brea Bakery.
- Swine & Sweets signature ice cream social before awards, presented by James Beard award-winning Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams.
The event will be held on May 25th from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Le Méridien Philadelphia (1421 Arch Street). Tickets are $125 for general admission and $200 for VIP (VIP tickets receive early admission and premium access to limited experiences, wines and spirits).
Cochon 555 Philadelphia Tickets [Official]