On Saturday,May 3rd the South Street Headhouse District is throwing its Spring Festival. South Street will be shut down from 8th to front and Second Street will be blocked off from Lombard to South. 30 restaurants and bars will be serving up dishes outdoors. There will also be live music on three stages and eight other performance areas and a kid zone.
Anchoring the west end of the block party will be Brauhaus Schmitz’s Maifest. There will be German beers, dancers, music, food and a May pole.
- Brauhaus will be serving roast pork sandwiches, pretzels, German potato salad, sauerkraut and Bratwurst sandwiches.
- Three beer stations will feature a variety of authentic German styles.
- Special liter mugs are free when you buy $60 worth of food or drink
- Schnapps station outside with ski plank shots
- May Pole with authentic German dancers between 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Main Spring Fest stage outside Brauhaus to feature Heimatklänge between 1:30pm and 6:00pm.
- In conjunction with Art/Gage and Philadelphia Magic Gardens, make your own fresh flower headbands from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Special VIP packages for special access to food, drink and inside festivities.
- All food and drink for Maifest are pay-as-you-go to general public, special pricing/access with VIP ticket.