Paradiso was one of the pioneers on East Passyunk that launched the stretch into the dining destination that it is today. And the Italian restaurant and wine bar is celebrating a decade in existence with ten events throughout the year.
It all starts tonight with Drinking Italy: Wines of Piedmont. Chef/Restaurateur and soon-to-be sommelier Lynn Rinaldi will be joined by Artisan Wine reps and will be pouring three wines from Piedmont. The three full pours will be complemented by three house-cured meats and artisan cheeses. The combination is just $20.10 and kicks off at 6:30 p.m.
This is the first of Paradiso's Drinking Italy events. The series will work its way down Italy, all the way to the boot with additional events on April 28, May 7, June 4, August 6 and September 10.
Other events include:
- April 14 - Collaborative dinner at Cook between Rinaldi and her husband, chef Corey Baver of Izumi. Look for a recreation of that event later in the year at Paradio.
- May 21 - "The Making Perfect Pasta Dinner," a pasta-making demo and dinner.
- July 22 - "The Bee Dinner" — a prix fixe dinner incorporating honey from Paradiso’s roof-top hives.
- September 23 - A "Roof-to-Table Dinner" utilizing produce grown on Paradiso’s rooftop garden.
- December 30 - "Sparkling Wines of Italy" wrapping up the year in festive fashion.
Additional events will include collaborations with other East Passyunk chefs and a gala in November when Paradiso will officially celebrate its tenth anniversary.
Rinaldi is excited to show off what Paradiso does. “We wanted to do a series of fun, culinary-focused events that underscore a lot of the cool stuff we do here,” Rinaldi said. “I don’t know if people know how much is made in-house, let alone how much we actually grow on our roof. We have a lot of fun with it.”