Every year Pliny the Younger tappings consume many beer lovers in the Philadelphia area. Philadelphia is the only city east of the Mississippi that gets the super limited release of the Russian River Triple IPA. That scarcity makes the tapping events an even bigger deal for beer nerds up and down the East Coast.
Here's the tappings announced as of now:
- Thursday, March 6 at 1030 a.m. Memphis Taproom will offer seats and tastings to the first fifty people who replied to their email newsletter today.
- Friday, March 7 at 3 p.m. Sidecar Bar & Grille will tap Pliny the Younger. Details to follow.
- Sunday, March 9 at 11 a.m. Iron Abbey is tapping their keg.
- Sunday, March 9 at 2 p.m. City Tap House will be hosting their Pliny event. As in past years, tickets can be purchased earlier in the day for the tapping.
- Monday, March 10 at 11:30 a.m. Monk's Cafe makes the Pliny tapping a big day for Alex's Lemonade Stand. Please note, it's a cash-0nly event.
Want to Scoop PhillyTapFinder? Follow these Twitter feeds.
Russian River Pliny the Younger in Philadelphia - 2014 [PhillyTapFinder]