Chef Nick Farina who owns Verdad in Bryn Mawr is opening Union Taco, a 20-seat taqueria at 712 W Girard Avenue. And on Wednesday, October 23rd he will be giving away free tacos between noon and 2 p.m.
Union Taco will be open for lunch and dinner seven days a week. The taqueria will stay open late on weekends.
- Tacos and Tortas - $6 for two tacos, $7 for a torta
(All combinations can be served as either.)
- Pork Carnitas with Pomegranate, Spinach and Barbeque Sauce
- Sliced Kobe Beef with Figs and Housemade Tres Queso
- Flash Fried Mahi-Mahi with Soy Ginger, Carrot Slaw and Cabbage
- Grilled Seasonal Vegetables with Huitlacoche
- Pork Cheeks with Pickled Tomatillo Salsa and Pork Jus
- Pulled Chicken with Chile Relish
- Mexican Flatbread Pizzas ($8-$12)
- Confit Chicken with Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomatoes
- Duck with Fig and Manchego
- Rabbit with Chanterelles and Queso Fresco
- Jersey Tomato with Mahon and Pickled Jalapeños
- Churros with Mexican chocolate dipping sauce ($3 per bag)
Farina wants "Union Taco to feel like a taqueria located near San Diego, CA. I describe the feel as ‘where the gringo meets the street.’"
Union Taco will also offer mixes for guests who want to BYOT in order to make their own margaritas.
Union Taco [Foobooz]