It might seem weird to some to test a vegan menu item from a national chain in Philadelphia. But we know better, there’s never been a better time to be a vegan or vegetarian in Philadelphia. So we’re not too surprised (ok we’re still surprised) that Chipotle has chosen Philadelphia as a test city for its new vegan menu item. Sofritas, which are defined as “shredded tofu braised with chipotle chilies, roasted poblano peppers and a blend of aromatic spices” will be available in burritos, tacos, burrito bowls, and salads starting next Monday, October 21st.
- Be Well Philly: The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Philly: Vegan Comfort Food Edition
- Be Well Philly: I Tried It: The Vegan and Gluten-Free Soups at Metropolitan Cafe
- Foobooz: Two Bells for Charlie was a sinner.
- Foobooz: V Street Is Now Open
- Be Well Philly: Why Philly Chef Rich Landau Steers Clear Of the Word “Vegan”
- Foobooz: V Street Shares Menu
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.