Top Chef New Orleans Episode 1: Show Us Your Grits!
At the risk of being contrarian, I’ll just go ahead and say that I loathe the Geico commercial with the talking camel.
However, I’d be a filthy liar if I told you I wasn’t just as excited for Wednesdays as that dromedary douchebag is (and I know it’s a commercial and all, but who would hire a camel? And to do what? And are there work visa issues?), because after a season of no local cheftestants and a whole bunch of subpar cooking, I’m ready to accept Top Chef back into my life. And much like the euphoria felt after that first Eagles game, I’m eager to watch this season play out. Hopefully it won’t be as disappointing as the past three Sundays have been.
- The guy who prays gets called out for praying and there’s a fight about religion.
- The guy who beat cancer plays the cancer card.
- Jason continues to wear pastel shorts/pants. He has a different color for each episode.
- The Aussie girl who wants to be known for her cooking and not her looks continues to dress slutty.
- Multiple bromances bloom, but Nick and Jason are the focus (at least for us).
- Padma drinks. Tom does that disgusted smirk thing that makes the cheftestants feel like they just peed on the living room rug.
- Jason gets mistaken for Curtis Stone and somehow winds up sitting at Judges Table.
- Cheftestants cry.