Today, Global Philly 2013 kicked off with a special event at Zama. Hiroyuki ‘Zama’ Tanaka and Kevin Sbraga were on hand to unleash the “Sbraga Roll.” The sushi roll is the latest collaboration from Tanaka who has conspired with many of Philadelphia’s best chefs and top celebrities to create a series of unusual rolls. Chef Sbraga suggested some of his favorite ingredients for the roll that will be served at Zama over the course of Global Philly 2013, from September 15 to November 1. The Sbraga Roll is a sushi roll with dill, jalapeno, avocado and crispy shallot topped with a Panko-crusted bite of dorado.
Global Philly is an international exposition, presented by the Global Philadelphia Association. Sbraga, who is leading the culinary part of the initiative, has rounded up some of his chef contemporaries to participate in the month-and-a-half long event to offer “Global Philadelphia” appetizer specials.
Starting at $12, the appetizers will be found at Sbraga’s eponymous modern American restaurant as well as at restaurants like Tashan, Bistro La Minette and Zinc , La Calaca Feliz, Zama and Han Dynasty.
- Sbraga will feature a steak tartar with French onion dip and a pea tendril salad.
- Tim Spinner (La Calaca Feliz) will spotlight the Al Pastor Pork Taco.
- Bistro La Minette’s Peter Woolsey created a salmon tartare with lentils and a blood orange vinaigrette.
- Han Chiang of Han Dynasty will offer a lamb dumpling with garlic sauce vinegar sauce.
- And of course Zama will feature the Sbraga roll.
GlobalPhilly 2013 [Official Site]