South Broad Street’s Boot and Saddle is reopening this September as a 150-person capacity live music destination with 60-seat bar and restaurant. Closed since 1995, the bar with the giant neon boot on the side will be reopening under the direction of R5 Productions, Sean Agnew, The Bowery Presents and FCM’s Mark Fichera and Avram Hornik.
In addition to local and national artists ranging from punk, metal and indie rock to electronic, singer-songwriters there will even be some country back at the old Country and Western bar.
While live music will be the attraction in the back room, the 60-seat main room and kitchen will be open seven days a week from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. The full-service bar will include ten local craft beers on tap plus seasonal beers from around the United States. Also expect to see some inexpensive crowd favorites.
The new Boot and Saddle will bare resemblance to the old Boot and Saddle. The original tin roof remains and folk-art cowboy murals reflects the Boot and Saddle’s place as Philadelphia’s one-time only country bar.
the grand opening is set for Monday, September 9th featuring Aimee Mann and Ted Leo.
Check out the first round of announced shows below:
- Sep 9 – The Both (Aimee Mann & Ted Leo)
- Sep 11 – The Citywide Specials / Nate Skiles Band (country / bluegrass night)
- Sep 12 – Black Prairie / Jon Mooaleem
- Sep 13 – Hard Skin / The Droogettes
- Sep 14 – Grails / Wrekmeister Harmonies / Lilacs & Champagne
- Sep 16 – Lightning Dust / Louise Burns
- Sep 19 – Phaeleh
- Sep 20 – Laura Veirs / Karl Blau
- Sep 21 – Terry Malts
- Sep 25 – Wildcat! Wildcat! / Savior Adore / Black Light Dinner Party
- Sep 26 – LE1F / Antwon / Lakutis
- Sep 27 – Jenny Owen Youngs
- Sep 28 – Braids
- Oct 1 – Har Mar Superstar / Reputante / Lizzo
- Oct 6 – Elf Power / Folklore
- Oct 8 – Palma Violets
- Oct 11 – Keep Shelly In Athens / Chad Valley
- Oct 12 – Quasi
- Oct 16 – Those Darlins / Gambles
- Oct 19 – Mono
- Oct 20 – Strange Talk
- Oct 22 – Teen Daze / Camp Counselors
- Oct 23 – The Lonely Forrest
- Oct 25 – San Fermin
- Oct 26 – Lee Renaldo & Steve Shelly (Sonic Youth)
- Nov 2 – Far-Out Fangtooth (Record Release)
- Nov 6 – Kirin J Callinan / Jenny Hval
- Nov 15 – Nightmares On Wax
- Nov 20 – Basia Bulat
- Nov 22 – Crocodiles