As pioneers of the “best of” issue, Philadelphia magazine is excited to be celebrating 40 years of this tradition. Starting today and running through the Best of Philly Bash on August 20th (for the first time in decades, the party will be open to the public), 40 events and promotions will be celebrated by former Best of Philly winners around the city and region.
And among those 40 events, many have to do with food and drink.
Ongoing promotions (Now through August 19th):
- Alma de Cuba – The Alma Colada is back and just for Philly mag readers.
- Chris’ Jazz Cafe – Get a “Buy One, Get One Free” ticket deal for weekend shows. Use code BOP40 at online checkout. During the week, take advantage of the special $40 “Dinner & Show” promo just for Philly mag readers. Call 215-568-3131 for reservations.
- The Franklin Fountain – Get the exclusive, limited-edition “Best of Philly” Ruby Red Soda to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Best of Philly. Ruby is the symbol for a 40th anniversary.
- Milkboy Center City - Mention “Best of Philly” and get their “his and hers” cocktails (a Skinny Colada or The Handsome) for $5.
- Stella Blu - The Conshohocken hot spot is extending their winning happy hour (1/2 off small plates; $5 vodka cocktails; $4 wines) to Saturday night just for Philadelphia magazine.
- XIX - Mention “Best of Philly” to the bartender at XIX during happy hour and get a free martini. Limit one per person per night.
Monday, August 5th - Burger Crawl - Taste three Best of Philly-winning burgers from Village Whiskey, Rouge and Butcher and Singer in one night. The tour is led by Foobooz founder Arthur Etchells. (tickets)
Wednesday, August 7th – Main Street Crawl in Ambler - Brews and Bond. The Ambler Theater is showing James Bond’s Thunderball on August 7th. Show your movie ticket at nearby Forest & Main Brewing Company and get a beer special, and/or show your beer receipt at the theater and get free popcorn.
Friday, August 16th – LaColombe Open House at Dilworth Plaza – Enjoy special samples like Pure Black, La Colombe’s new rum, chocolate, and super-rare Nicaraguan coffee. Co-founder Jean Philippe Iberti will be on hand to unveil his latest project—house baked bread. (tickets)
Tuesday, August 20th – Best of Philly Bash at the Philadelphia Museum of Art - In celebration of Philadelphia magazine’s renowned Best of Philly brand and its 2013 “Best of” winners, Philadelphia magazine will host the city’s party of the year. Guests will come together in August to experience the region’s best food, best drink, best entertainment, and most compelling personalities. (tickets)
40 Years of Best of Philly [Philadelphia Magazine]