Di Bruno’s (Rittenhouse) is hosting a Justice League of cheese makers and mongers for a five course dinner, and it looks freakin’ insane.
On Wednesday, June 26, from 6:30 to 9 pm, upstairs at Di Bruno Bros. Center City will host five international cheese makers representing Essex Street Cheese Co., an importer that distributes to only about 60 locations in the entire country—Di Brunos being one of them.
International cheesemakers that will be in attendance are:
- Phillipe Goux of France – affineur of Marcel Petite Comté
- Betty Kostner of Holland – founded Fromagerie L’amuse in 1989 with her husband
- Giorgio Cravero of Italy – his family has been aging Parmigiano Reggiano since 1855
- Jose Luis of Spain – operator of renowned La Fromagerie in Madrid’s San Miguel
- Jamie Montgomery of UK – has worked for his family-operated farms making cheddar since 1911
Squash blossoms, housemade chorizo, 1605 Manchego (Jose Luis), membrillo
Tuscan kale salad, L’amuse Gouda (Betty Kostner), chicken liver pate, candied shallots, sour cherry vinaigrette
Montgomery Cheddar (Jamie Montgomery) Mac ‘n Cheese
Warm terrine of chicken confit, Essex Comté (Phillipe Goux) and vegetable strata, haricots verts, chicken jus
Di Bruno’s “Lantern” – Cravero Parmigiano Reggiano (Giorgio Cravero) custard, Parmigiano tuille, Jersey blueberry balsamic sorbet, truffle honey