13th Street’s Lolita is closing this July for two months to undergo a full-scale renovation. But fret not, because there is a slew of festivities before the almost ten-year old BYOB heads on hiatus.
Among the specials:
- Sundays: Buy One, Get One Margarita Pitchers
- Mondays: Barbecue Night with ribs and sides
- Tuesdays: Taco Tuesdays, featuring house-made tortillas and fixings
When the restaurant reopens this fall, Lolita will sport a fresh look, a new Mexican-street food inspired menu (fear not, the carne asada isn’t going anywhere) and a full liquor license.
Lolita Summer Specials:
On Sundays, guests who BYOT (bring your own tequila) and buy one pitcher of the restaurant’s fresh-squeezed margarita mixes will receive a second pitcher on the house (an $18 per person food minimum applies). Flavors include traditional lime, blood orange and a rotating option.
On Mondays, chef Marcie Turney prepares a family-style barbecue feast, featuring:
- Sweet, Sour and Spicy Baby Back Ribs with tamarind-morita barbecue sauce, pickled watermelon rind and salty peanut
- Shrimp Alambre with spicy pork sausage, grilled peppers and lime
- Grilled Hangar Steak with cilantro-garlic scape chimichurri
- Watermelon & Jicama Salad with roasted beets, toasted pepitas, lime and chile
- Shredded Vegetable Slaw with buttermilk-cilantro dressing and poppy seeds
- BBQ’d Beans with smoked bacon, poblano and morita chile
- Mexican Street-Style Corn, with smoked garlic aioli, cotija and lime
- Roasted Jalapeño Cornbread with charred summer corn, queso fresco and jalapeño
All of the above is just $25 per person.
On Tuesdays, the restaurant continues to host its popular Taco Tuesdays, featuring chef Turney’s signature tacos for $20 per person.
Lolita [Official Site]