So it’s not looking at an opening until later this summer, but some details are coming to light on the new AKA Rittenhouse project (and sister operation to a.kitchen), a.bar. Here’s what we know:
- a.bar will open this summer on the corner of 18th and Walnut
- It will be open to the public but will offer priority seating and a separate entrance to residents of the AKA property.
- The space will once again be designed by Edward Asfour–same guy who did a.kitchen. Expect “natural materials, coffered ceilings and a 17-seat pewtered bronze bar.”
- The menu will be “pared down yet sophisticated,” offering oysters, charcuterie, bar snacks and small plates ranging in price from $4 to $22. At the bar, expect craft beers, lots of cocktails, and a wine list of rarities not often offered in Philly, in addition to a selection of fino and Manzanilla sherries.
- a.bar will be open for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week.