Food & Wine makes a list of the best bacon burgers in the country and curiously choose Shake Shack’s SmokeShack burger as Philadelphia’s best. True, the 20th Street location was the first Shake Shack to feature the SmokeShack as a regular menu option and we are fans of the New York based chain. But look around, like really, look out the window from Shake Shack and at Village Whiskey. In a list of bacon on burgers, it is difficult to imagine ignoring Village Whiskey’s Whiskey King. The $26, half-pound of beef burger, topped with maple bourbon glazed cipollini onions, Rogue blue cheese, applewood bacon and for good measure, foie gras has to be in the conversation.
- Foobooz: Where We’re Eating: The Bar at Avance
- Foobooz: Throwback Thursdays at Oyster House
- Foobooz: Half Price Burgers on Mondays at Tap Room on 19th
- Foobooz: French Classics Prepared by a French Master
- Foobooz: Tasso Ham Panini Is Back at Plenty
- Property: Stately 121-Year-Old Spruce Street Stunner