Food & Wine makes a list of the best bacon burgers in the country and curiously choose Shake Shack’s SmokeShack burger as Philadelphia’s best. True, the 20th Street location was the first Shake Shack to feature the SmokeShack as a regular menu option and we are fans of the New York based chain. But look around, like really, look out the window from Shake Shack and at Village Whiskey. In a list of bacon on burgers, it is difficult to imagine ignoring Village Whiskey’s Whiskey King. The $26, half-pound of beef burger, topped with maple bourbon glazed cipollini onions, Rogue blue cheese, applewood bacon and for good measure, foie gras has to be in the conversation.
- Foobooz: Burger Stand Coming to the Reading Terminal
- Property: Parc Rittenhouse Condo for $1.8 Million
- Foobooz: The Menu at Abe Fisher
- Foobooz: The Third Annual Garces Foundation Gala
- Foobooz: The Fat Ham Launches Burger, Beer and Bourbon Deal
- Foobooz: Garces to Operate Rosa Blanca Cafe at New Dilworth Park
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.