Food & Wine makes a list of the best bacon burgers in the country and curiously choose Shake Shack’s SmokeShack burger as Philadelphia’s best. True, the 20th Street location was the first Shake Shack to feature the SmokeShack as a regular menu option and we are fans of the New York based chain. But look around, like really, look out the window from Shake Shack and at Village Whiskey. In a list of bacon on burgers, it is difficult to imagine ignoring Village Whiskey’s Whiskey King. The $26, half-pound of beef burger, topped with maple bourbon glazed cipollini onions, Rogue blue cheese, applewood bacon and for good measure, foie gras has to be in the conversation.
- Foobooz: R2L Hosts the 5th Summer Harvest Dinner
- Foobooz: Jose Garces Kicks Off Bar Volvér Wednesdays
- Foobooz: Georges Perrier at Crow and the Pitcher
- Foobooz: Il Pittore Introduces Local Farmer Menu
- Foobooz: Sketch Burger To Be Featured on Travel Channel
- Property: Gallery: Claude Giroux’s New Rittenhouse Digs. We Think.
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.