Toast has been open since the end of January but will be celebrating its grand opening with a free coffee giveaway tomorrow, Friday, March 8th from 7-9 a.m., and Saturday, March 9th from 9-11 a.m.
Toast offers coffee prepared by French press, pour-over and electric brewer. A dark, medium and light roast will be available daily and will feature single-blends from local roasters. Currently One Village, Philly Fair Trade Roasters and Green Street are all available.
The successor to Yolo is being overseen by Chhaya ownerm Varnana Beuria who has installed a menu of breakfast and lunch sandwiches, homemade soup, salads, bagels and pastries and of course toasts.
Egg Toasts (Poached eggs on top of homemade English muffin served with side salad)
• Ham, eggs, hollandaise, $9.50
• Smoked salmon, eggs, asparagus, hollandaise, $10.50
• Avocado, eggs, roasted tomatoes, sprouts, $9.00
• Wilted greens, eggs, mushrooms, goat cheese, $9.00
• Warm apples, white cheddar cheese, eggs, sausage, dijonaise, $10.50
• Truffled mushrooms, white cheddar cheese, eggs, chives,$9.00
• Veggie chili, eggs, avocado, $9.50