Just yesterday someone asked when Pennsylvania 6, the replacement for Tweed at 114 S 12th Street was opening. Today we can report the American brasserie concept will open in March.
The Pennsylvania 6Team
- Gary Cardi,Chris Coco, Brian Harrington, and Frank Falesto also own:
- PE6 NYC
- City Tap House
- Field House
- Mission Grill
- Public House
- 12 locations in total
- Chef Marc Plessis
- Born in France
- Moved to the U.S. at a young age and grew up in Kentucky.
- Attended the New England Culinary Institute.
- In 2006 became Chef de Cuisine of XIX (Nineteen) Restaurant
- Andy Farrell
- Oversees beer programs at City Tap House and Field House
- Will be choosing what goes on tap on Pennsylvania 6’s seven taps.
- The name Pennsylvania 6 is borrowed from New York City’s Hotel Pennsylvania, a post-prohibition hotspot.
- The former Tweed space has been overhauled.
- The space has been modeled after a 1930s eating establishment.
- The grand staircase is still a centerpiece of the room.
- Plush red leather banquettes.
- White Carrera marble-topped tables and bars.
- Rich-colored walls and white subway tiling and antique mirrors and cocktail bar shelving.
- Portraits of Frank Sinatra, Rita Hayworth, Lauren Bacall and Marlon Brando will adorn the second floor dining room.
- Check out Pennsylvania 6 NYC’s photo gallery to get a feeling for what the Philadelphia version will look like.
The Food at Pennsylvania 6
- Appetizers, flatbreads, salads, sandwiches and burgers, and meat- and fish-centered entrees will dot the menu.
- A raw bar will host up to 12 varieties of oysters as well as shrimp and lobster for shellfish cocktails.
Pennsylvania 6 Hours
PE6 will be open for dinner seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Weekend brunch will be served shortly after opening.
114 South 12th Street