Despite what weather reports are trying to tell us (we’re looking at you, Nor’easter), Autumn isn’t over just yet. We still have to put away our Halloween decorations, suffer through distant relatives at Thanksgiving dinner and risk death-by-trampling during Black Friday.
Lucky for us, Vernick Food & Drink is allowing us to cling to our Autumn cravings just a little bit longer with some new fall additions.
New Fall Menu At Vernick Food and Drink
- Butternut Squash Soup with crispy apple and black truffle
- Diver Scallop Crudo with fresh cranberry vinaigrette and an optional caviar supplement
- Steamed Cod with littlenecks and mushrooms in citrus-miso broth
- Braised Veal Osso Bucco with sweet carrots, Yukon potatoes and preserved lemon
- Pecan Pie with coffee gelato
Of course, Autumn inspired dishes need Autumn inspired cocktails:
- Red Charlotte: a modernized sangria with house-made pinot noir syrup, allspice dram, fresh-squeezed lemon and orange juices and sparkling wine
- House-made Rose Vermouth: a vermouth made from rose wine is infused with vanilla bean, angelica root, fresh ginger, citrus peel and fortified with cognac
- Made-to-order Manhattan: Guests suggest flavors or notes to the bartender who crafts a Manhattan that will showcase those flavors
And, if your appetite for fall flavors is already waning, try one of Vernick’s nightly specials featuring a changing selection of this season’s game birds created by chef Greg Vernick.