Stephen Starr is bringing Joe Carroll’s Fette Sau to Fishtown and the barbecue, beer and brown liquor joint will open Wednesday, October 17th.
The Space at Fette Sau
- Fette Sau is German for “fat pig”
- Indoor/Outdoor seating.
- Outdoor picnic tables are warmed by heat lamps.
- 130 seats at communal tables.
- Building has an industrial feel:
- Exposed beams
- Concrete floor
- Reclaimed wood
The Food at Fette Sau
- Rotating selection of six meats served daily, sourced from local farmers.
- Food is ordered by weight from a walk-up counter.
- Meats range from $18 to $24 per pound. Sausages are $4 per link.
- See the Fette Sau menu board
- Sides Include:
- Broccoli Salad
- House Made Coleslaw
- Burnt End Baked Beans
- Potato Chips
- Barbecue sauce is secondary to the meat.
- Carroll recommends trying the meat without the sauces first.
- Three varieties of sauce are available in squirt bottles, mix them together to your specification.
- In coming weeks look for bacon and other cured meats to be available to-go.
The Drinks at Fette Sau
- 9 beers, 1 cider on tap
- All drinks are ordered and served at a bar adjacent the meat ordering station
- Beers can be ordered by the glass, half-gallon or full gallon container.
- 3 custom beers from local brewers - Earth Bread + Brewery, Sly Fox and Dock Street.
- The rest of the list represents Philadelphia and New York.
- Extensive North American whiskey and bourbon list.