With the high-profile Fette Sau breathing new life into Philadelphia’s barbecue scene, it only seems appropriate to welcome the little guy, Bubba’s Texas BBQ who opened over the weekend, just around the corner.
The Space at Bubba’s
- Indoor seating for now, but in the Spring and summer there will be outdoor seating on Girard and Leopard St.
- 12 tables and a rectangular bar that seats 20.
- “Bubba-quties” will be serving food and slinging drinks.
The Food at Bubba’s
Where Fette Sau offers more than one variety of barbecue, Bubba’s offers pure, unadulterated, Texas-style barbecue.
- The menu is broken down in the following categories:
- Bubba’s Texas BBQ Menu
- Sandwiches are topped with coleslaw, and served with chips and half-sour pickles
- Platters are served with one side, half sour pickles, corn bread, and sliced, Texas white bread — as is tradition.
- Sides include:
- Collard Greens (w/ Bacon)
- Side Salad
- Potato Salad
- Bubba’s Baked Beans (w/ Bacon)
- Nutty Green Beans (w/ Almonds)
The Drinks at Bubba’s
- 10 craft beers on tap
- Bottled and canned beer
- Full Bar