Given that yesterday was National Oyster Day, I popped over to the just opened University City outpost of Doc Magrogan’s to enjoy some bivalves and cocktails. (And the smoked fish dip and grilled mahi-mahi). Bartender Brian gave me the heads up that today is the first of Doc’s weekly Buck-a-Shuck Mondays, with a few varieties of oyster priced at just a dollar — not just during happy hour, but all night. Today’s buck-a-shuck selections: Sewansecott, James River and Delaware Bay.
- Foobooz: $100 for 100 Oysters + Champagne + A Hotel Room
- Property: University City District: Crime Is Down
- Foobooz: City Tap House Adds Seasonal Pizzas
- Foobooz: DIY Down the Shore: Luke Palladino’s Stuffed Lobster
- Foobooz: Suburban Eats: Lobster Dinner at Susanna Foo
- Foobooz: Detox Retox: Do Yoga and Drink a Beer
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.