Given that yesterday was National Oyster Day, I popped over to the just opened University City outpost of Doc Magrogan’s to enjoy some bivalves and cocktails. (And the smoked fish dip and grilled mahi-mahi). Bartender Brian gave me the heads up that today is the first of Doc’s weekly Buck-a-Shuck Mondays, with a few varieties of oyster priced at just a dollar — not just during happy hour, but all night. Today’s buck-a-shuck selections: Sewansecott, James River and Delaware Bay.
- News: Police Capture Man Accused of Student Assaults
- Foobooz: Tale of the Tape: Train Wreck at Beck’s
- Foobooz: The Gaslight Offering Shot and a Shuck for Five Bucks
- Foobooz: Jake’s Sandwich Board Grand Opening
- Ticket: 13 Things to Do in Philly This Week
- Foobooz: Half-Price Lobsters At Doc Magrogan’s
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.