Issue 4 of Lucky Peach is now on newsstands and there are a couple of local connections within David Chang’s quarterly journal of food and writing. Tom Lax profiles the Schmitter for a foodie audience. The Schmitter of course is a combination of cheese, steak, grilled salami, tomatoes, fried onions and special sauce served on a kaiser roll. It’s the sandwich of record at McNally’s in Chestnut Hill, and can also be found at Citizens Bank Park and Lincoln Financial Field. Hawk Krall who seems to be everywhere right now also has an illustration featured in the magazine. Look for the American Food Issue of Lucky Peach at Barnes and Noble or do what we did and pick up a copy at Cook.
- Foobooz: Iron Hill Mops Up at 2014 World Beer Cup
- News: Temple: Eagles Want Big Rent Increase at Linc
- Foobooz: Zahav Among Questlove’s Top 10 Restaurants
- Foobooz: This Year at Phillies Games: More Goose Island
- News: Citizens Bank Park: A Decade in the Stadium We Didn’t Want
- Foobooz: Turney and Safran to be Honored This Evening