Issue 4 of Lucky Peach is now on newsstands and there are a couple of local connections within David Chang’s quarterly journal of food and writing. Tom Lax profiles the Schmitter for a foodie audience. The Schmitter of course is a combination of cheese, steak, grilled salami, tomatoes, fried onions and special sauce served on a kaiser roll. It’s the sandwich of record at McNally’s in Chestnut Hill, and can also be found at Citizens Bank Park and Lincoln Financial Field. Hawk Krall who seems to be everywhere right now also has an illustration featured in the magazine. Look for the American Food Issue of Lucky Peach at Barnes and Noble or do what we did and pick up a copy at Cook.
- Foobooz: Accolades: Food & Wine Names Fork’s Pastry Chef Among the Best
- Foobooz: Watch: A Day in the Life of Rival Bros.
- Foobooz: Best Meatballs in America
- Ticket: HEADS UP: One Direction Is Coming Back to Philadelphia
- Foobooz: Philadelphia Restaurant Received “Million Dollar Review”
- News: 6 Ways NBC Butchered Philly Geography for Sunday Night Football
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.