Dave Garry and Heather Gleason of Center City’s Good Dog Bar, along with partner Tom Darby opened The Industry on Wednesday, June 6th. The Pennsport bar serves craft beer, creative cocktails and boutique wines as it pays homage to the restaurant hospitality industry.
- 80-seat dining room.
- 18-seat bar.
- Designed by local artist Ben McBrien.
- Reclaimed wood throughout the space.
- Intricate ceiling lattice-work.
- Wall crafted from mixed timbers.
- Original black and white portraits of local hospitality personalities adorn the walls.
The Food at The Industry
- Chef Pat Szoke:
- Comes to the Industry with experience at The Farm and Fisherman, Vetri, Buddakan
- 29-years old
- Dinner Highlights Include:
- Crispy Pig Ear Lettuce Wraps with Frank’s red hot, julienned vegetables and Bibb lettuce
- Kentucky Fried Guinea Hen with Mexican street corn and cucumber salad (pictured)
- Lamb Neck Gravy with fresh ricotta and grilled bread
- Sweet Corn Arepas with blistered tomato, cremini mushrooms, poblanos and crème fraîche
- Daily food and drink specials like:
- Burger & Bubbles, featuring The Industry Burger, a quarter-pound ground brisket burger with Cabot cheddar, lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo paired with either a glass of champagne or a pony bottle of Miller High Life, poured tableside
- Brunch will be a big deal at The Industry
- Served Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Brunch menu broken into three sections:
- Hangover Cures
- Brunch Highlights
- The Stomachectomy, with scrapple, bacon, sausage and fried egg
- Shrimp & Grits, Gulf shrimp with organic grits, scallions and two poached eggs
- House-Made Granola with Meyer-infused yogurt
- Dinner Menu at The Industry (PDF)
- Lunch and Brunch Menu at The Industry (PDF)
The Drink at The Industry
- Bob Achilles runs the cocktail program
- Highlights Include:
- Ghost of Mary, a tomato-water based Bloody Mary
- Jackie Boy, Jack Daniels with Cointreau and honey over muddled orange, pineapple and lemon
- Penn’s Port Fizz, Bacardi light rum with fresh lemon juice and simple syrup over muddled cucumber, topped with splashes of Sprite and Reed’s Ginger Beer
- Mummer’s Punch, Bacardi silver and Brugal Anejo with lemon, lime, pineapple, grenadine and simple syrup (for four to six guests).
- Beer Selection will focus on local craft offerings
- 12 draught beers
- Small list of beer bottles, including large-format bottles
- The Industry’s wine list will focus on wines from small producers.
- Four sparkling, five white and five red wines by the glass.
Focus on the Industry
- A discount will be offered to all “industry” workers (with valid proof), seven days a week.
- Food will be served until 1 a.m. daily
- Weekend brunch menu until 4 p.m.
“Philadelphia has one of the most vibrant and close-knit communities of restaurant and hospitality workers in the country, and we want them to know how much we respect their hard work and devotion to caring for their guests,” says Garry. “Part of ‘hospitality’ is taking care of others, and after they’ve worked a long shift, we want ours to be a place where they can relax and let us take care of them.”
Garry and Gleason’s Good Dog Bar is one of Center City’s most popular spots for reinvented bar food and craft beer, wine and cocktails. It has been featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and has earned rave reviews and a fiercely loyal following since opening in 2003. Darby is also a partner at Good Dog and owner of the popular ice cream shop Dreamsicles in North Wildwood, NJ.
The Industry will serve dinner Monday through Sunday from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m., with the bar open until 2 a.m. Brunch will be served Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. For more information, plus specials, promotions and other goodies, please call (215)-271-9500, visit www.theindustrybar.com, follow them on(@theindustrybar) and like them on.
Dinner, Monday through Sunday, 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Brunch, Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.