Rittenhouse Tavern Starts Weekend Brunch
Rittenhouse Tavern soft-opened for brunch this past weekend and they will now be offering brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The menu from chefs Ed Brown and Nicholas Elmi includes such dishes as:
- Braised Pork Belly with poached eggs, beluga lentils and madeira
- Heritage Turkey Schnitzel with grain mustard, fingerlings, and red eye gravy
- Buckwheat Pancakes with optional fresh berries or pan seared foie gras
The attractive restaurant within the Philadelphia Art Alliance building on Rittenhouse Square is also offering a selection of brunch cocktails including:
- Royal Hawaiian with Gordon’s Gin, lemon, velvet falernum, pineapple
- Beermosa with Stout’s Pils and a splash of orange juice
Local Philadelphia artist Adam Wallacavage is being featured in a new exhibit at the Philadelphia Art Alliance called Shiny Monsters. In honor of the octopus-inspired chandeliers Chef Elmi will be serving a special dish, Roasted Octopus with black pudding, fingerling potatoes, apricot and nettles (available for dinner only).
Rittenhouse Tavern [Official Site]
Rittenhouse Tavern photo via Jason Varney, Octopus chandelier via New York Times