Vernick Food & Drink opens this evening at 2031 Walnut Street. Gregory Vernick who has worked for proliferate restaurateur Jean-Georges Vongerichten is opening his own place near Rittenhouse Square.
About Greg Vernick
- Chef-owner Greg Vernick is a native of Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Served as chef de cuisine at New York City’s Tocqueville.
- Other jobs included:
- Sous chef at Jean-Georges, Nougatine and Spice Market
- Helped train Vongerichten’s restaurant chefs in Doha, Quatar, Tokyo, Japan, Vancouver, Boston and Park City
- Educated at the Culinary Institute of America and holds a BS in Hospitality Administration from Boston University.
- Bi-level space.
- Three distinct spaces
- Downstairs in the front:
- Large bistro windows that open out onto the street
- 10-seat bar made of natural slate with stained concrete top and high-top cocktail tables
- Rear dining room:
- Intimate dining room with partially exposed brick wall
- Seven-seat chef’s counter with a close-up view of the open kitchen and wood-burning oven
- Upstairs dining room:
- Decorated with personal photos of Chef Vernick and his wife Julie’s world travels
- Floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Walnut Street
- Maple wood tables and chairs,
- Seating for up to 45 guests
The Food at Vernick Food & Drink
- The menu will feature plates that range in size from snacks to entrees meant to be shared.
- Menu is split into the following sections:
- Toasts, crostinis and bruschettas
- Raw, shellfish and tartares
- Vegetables, salads and side dishes
- Small Plates, appetizers and share-able snacks
- Large Plates, entrees
- Simply Roasted, platters that are served family-style with greens and herbs and are meant to be shared.
- Vernick Food & Drink Dinner Menu (PDF)
The Drink at Vernick Food & Drink
- The drink in Vernick Food & Drink will include:
- Homemade sodas and mocktails
- Wine ranging from $8 to $14 by the glass.
- Beer will be poured on draught and offered by the bottle, eanging in price from $5 to $15.
- Vernick Food & Drink Drinks Menu (PDF)