- We create an annotated chart of the gin universe.
- Hurricane Irene makes a mess of Manayunk.
- We get a lesson in vegetable charcuterie.
- August 2011, the month we found out that the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board has a mascot.
- Talula’s Garden turned into quite the chef eater.
- Geno’s Steaks Joey Vento passed away at 71.
- It was August when we found out that Jenn Carroll was leaving 10 Arts.
- Philly SteakOut offers a heaping topping of social media to our cheesesteak.
- It was a wild month for Adsum.
- Yards took home the top win during WIP’s Beer Brawl.
- Spread reopened three months to the day after fire shuttered the Montreal bagel spot.
Dish of the Month
Rotisserie chicken at Rottiseur
“Amish farmers raises Senat’s chickens without hormones and antibiotics in Lancaster, where the free-roaming roasters develop the all-important “fatty skin” that turns to sheets of crackly gold leaf in the blazing rotisserie oven.” Adam Erace, City Paper
Quote of the Month
“Some of the incompetence, the brazenly insouciant attitude, the grotesque sense of self-importance and utter fabulousness that permeates this deafeningly loud, perennially packed space might have been forgiven had the food or drink been remotely in line with the prices—or, for that matter, with the standards of a mediocre home cook.” – Brian Freedman on Serafina