The Great American Beer Festival is the biggest brewing industry event in the United States and each year it closes out with a medal ceremony. And of course many local breweries were rightfully honored.
17 local beers won a medal including 7 Golds, among the gold winners were Flying Fish’s Exit 4 and Troegs Troegenator. Troegs and Dogfish Head each completed the trifecta, winning a Gold, Silver and Bronze.
See the complete list after the jump.
- Dogfish Head Chateau Jiahu - Specialty Beer
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. Exit 4 - American-Belgo-Style Ale
- Iron Hill Brewery (Phoenixville) Schwarzbier - German Style Schwarzbier
- McKenzie Brew House Saison Vautour - French and Belgian Style Saison
- Triumph Brewing (New Hope) Hefeweizen German - Style Wheat Ale
- Triumph Brewing (Philadelphia) KinderPils - Session Beer
- Troegs Brewing Troegenator - Bock
- Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron - Specialty Beer
- Fegley's Allentown & Bethlehem Brew Works Bag Piper's Scotch Ale - Scotch Ale
- Iron Hill Brewery (Media) Raspberry Torte - American-style Sour Ale
- Nodding Head Brewing Co. George's Fault - Specialty Honey Beer
- Troegs Brewing Dead Reckoning - American Style Stout
- Dogfish Head Midas Touch - Specialty Honey Beer
- Fegley's Allentown & Bethlehem Brew Works Rude Elf's Reserve - Herb and Spice or Chocolate Beer
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. Hopfish - Classic English Style Pale Ale
- Nodding Head Brewing Co. Phruit Phunk - Wood and Barrel-Aged Sour Beer
- Stoudt's Brewing Co. Kolsch - German Style Kolsch
- Troegs Brewing Sunshine PIls - German-Style Pilsener
2009 GABF Winners [Great American Beer Festival]